Tuesday 29 December 2015

Angel on Earth
I wonder if motivation can only be from another person to console oneself in times of hardship. Whether it can be only a sharing stuff... I don’t know!!!
When I bloomed from a teenage girl to a woman, I thought that everything could be done by me... never thought that I need a spur. Fortunately, nothing happened unfortunately.
 No one can click the SKIP option to escape the adolescent epoch. It’s been a part of everyone’s life. I would say “a crucial segment in life.”
Parents pressure... Studies... Competitions ... Higher studies... Oh My God!!!
To be precise, a phase of taking the most important “DECISION” in life... selecting the stream for higher studies... which everyone think that ‘it is the life and destiny’.
Frankly speaking and to be honest... NEVER
I know people who, by parents’ compulsion did Engineering and now working in bank, more pitifully simply whiling away time without job... Is it necessary?  
Opinions are reaped from parents, relatives and most laughably, whoever crosses in our life during that phase and finally from the so-called ‘friends’ who will be travelling in the same ridiculous phase.
However, my question is, why all these people give only SUGGESTION or OPINION or to the extreme forcing on others which they could not do in their life. Why are they not bothering what the teen needs or wants to do?  Happily, I would say, I was also a pathetic victim of the same.   
Infinite opinions . . . Comparison with others’ children . . .  I was cramped in the core of a volcano ready to erupt at anytime.
A momentary thought, “If I do the same as others’ children do, then what’s the difference between me and them. We will be like dolls made in the same mould.”
             I just turned round the world and searched for the most needed word of the hour- “MOTIVATION”.  But nowhere could I find it. . . The very sequential moment I realised that ANGELS do exist when the term ‘motivation’ flipped to SELF – MOTIVATION.  Till then, I was in Trans. When parents and relatives suggested to me what they wished me to do, the angel in me, the “self – motive” suggested, “If you want to be happy and contented, then you do what your heart says.”
That’s it. . . 

I did what my heart said...for, a first decision can be taken only once... “First time” comes only once in a person’s life.
 This very negative vibration I can feel till today. I don’t know its whereabouts and don’t like to know about it. Nevertheless, my angel is within me to motivate the road to be taken; whether it will be a road of rose buds or a road of thorns...
Whatever it is. . .
I determined that I need to respond to the situation rather than reacting. Handling any situation with perfection means responding to it and if it is vice versa, it is reacting.
I remember a Whatsapp message, which motivated the angel in me. A beautiful line by Sundar Pichai, an IIT –MIT alumnae,
A beautiful way to understand LIFE-
Person who is HAPPY is not because
Everything is RIGHT in his Life...
He is happy because his ATTITUDE towards EVERYTHING in his LIFE is RIGHT...!!!

Reenu John
Assistant Professor
   The Research Centre of English
Fatima College (Autonomous).

3 comments:

  1. Reenu!!! 😘😘😘😘awesomeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. reenu mam its very good & thought provoking message.....

    ReplyDelete